Bài tập chuyển đổi cấu trúc câu trong Tiếng Anh – Sentence Transformation
1. The fox was unsuccessful in reaching the grapes.(VAIN)
2. The crops were badly affected by the storm. (EFFECT)
3. The project received unanimous approval of the committee.(FAVOUR)
4. The personnel officer promised him that she wouldn’t tell any one that he had been in the prison. (WORD)
5. Nobody could possibly believe the story he told us. (BEYOND)
6. I had lost his phone number, so I could not contact him before. (TOUCH)
7. I enjoy being the boss of a small company. (FISH)
8. The success of our local theater has made our city famous. (MAP)
9. She is not upset; she is only pretending. (ACT)
10. The bank robbers escaped in a stolen car. (GETAWAY)
11. As people use a lot of wood-pulp, many trees are cut down. (THE MORE)
12. Because of the absence of the atmosphere on the moon, the sky there is black, just as in space. (BECAUSE)
13. These young men became doctors after six years training.
→After these young men
14. People believe that the Chinese invented paper in 105 A.D. (PAPER)
15. A man I don’t know told me about that. →I was
16. That was a silly thing to say! →What
17. We’ve run out of petrol. →There
18. It takes six hours to drive from here to London. →It is
19. He was sorry he hadn’t said goodbye to her at the airport. (REGRETTED)
20. They failed to find out a solution to the problem. (SUCCEED)
21. Most stores will accept a credit card instead of cash. (ALTERNATIVE)
22. You can avoid tooth decay by brushing your teeth regularly. (PREVENT)
23. Some of Peter’s expressions make me think of my brother. (REMIND)
24. When do you think this bridge was built? (OLD)
25. That old typewriter is not worth repairing. (POINTLESS)
1. The fox tried in vain to reach the grapes.
2. The storm had a badly effect on the crops.
3. The whole committee was/were in favour of the project .
4. The personnel officer gave him her word that she wouldn’t tell any one that he had been in the prison.
5. The story he told us was beyond belief
6. I could not keep/get in touch with him because I had lost his phone number.
7. I enjoy being a big fish in a small pond.
8. The success of our local theater has put our city on the map
9. She is not upset; she is only putting on an act.
10. The bank robbers made a getaway in a stolen car.
11. The more wood-pulp is used, the more trees are cut down
12. Because there is no atmosphere on the moon, the sky there is black, just as in space.
13. After these young men had been trained for six years, they became doctors
14. Paper is believed to have been invented by the Chinese in 105 A.D.
15. I was told about that by a man I don’t know.
16. What a silly thing to say!
17. There is no more petrol left.
18. It is a six hour drive from here to London.
19. He regretted not saying goodbye to her at the airport.
20. They didn’t succeed in finding out a solution to the problem.
21. Most stores will accept a credit card as an alternative to cash.
22. Brushing your teeth regularly can prevent tooth decay.
23. Some of Peter’s expressions remind me of my brother.
24. How old do you think this bridge is?
25. Repairing that old typewriter is pointless.
Trong 25 câu trên, một số câu có sử dụng cấu trúc và thành ngữ
1. in vain (idm) không thành công, vô vọng, vô ích.
2. (không có)
3. in favour of sb/sth (idm) ủng hộ đồng ý với ai, về điều gì.
4. give sb your word : hứa, bảo đảm một việc chắc chắn sẽ xảy ra.
5. (không có)
6. keep/ get in touch with sb : giữ liên lạc với ai
7. ẹnjoy + Ving
8. put sb/sth on the map (idm) làm cho ai/ cái gì trở nên nổi tiếng, quan trọng.
9. put on an act : giả vở
10. make a getaway : trốn thoát trong 1 tình huống khó khăn ( thường thì sau khi phạm tội ác)
11. sử dụng so sánh CÀNG…CÀNG…
12 đến 18 (không có)
19 regret + Ving có nghĩa là hối tiếc vì không làm một việc gì đó. Tuy nhiên, regret + to-inf nghĩa là lấy làm tiếc (vd I regret to tell you that you have failed)
20 succeed in + Ving
21. as an alternative to : như một vật thay thế
22. (không có)
23. remind sb of sb/sth : gợi cho ai nhớ đến ai hay vật gì, điều gì
24, 25 (không có)